This year, Council has combined the delivery program and operational plan into one document, known as Our Budget. The document sets out Council's objectives for the next four years and outlines its planned actions and projects for 2018/19.
Highlights of the 2018/19 budget include:
- $23.5 million on our roads including a $9 million civil works program to upgrade Newcastle's bridges
- $13 million of works renewing our buildings, structures and places including $5 million for both our parks and cultural facilities
- $8.2 million on Newcastle's Smart City Program
- $8.1 million on renewing the existing storm water network
- $7.9 million on the solar wind farm
- $2.6 million on increasing cycling links around the city
- $11 million on key fleet and non-infrastructure to allows us to service the community better
Public exhibition period
The draft Our Budget document (which includes Council's 2018-2022 delivery program and the 2018/19 operational plan), along with the draft Fees and Charges Register for 2018/19, was on public exhibition from 3 May to 30 May 2018.
The following documents are available for reference
Delivery Program and Operational Plan 2018-19 (pdf)
Fees and Charges Register 2018-19 (pdf)
For further information please contact Kelly Arnott on 4974 2825 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org