The purpose of the 'Council Support for Arts and Cultural Organisations in Newcastle' funding program is to support not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations in Newcastle to be sustainable through developing projects for the city in collaboration with City of Newcastle (CN).
The project based funding opportunity involves up to three years funding on a 1+1+1 basis. This year’s round has up to two new agreements to be offered to work in collaboration with us.
See the full eligibility and details in the Policy - Council Support for Arts and Cultural Organisations in Newcastle
There are two key stages:
At the end of the project:
- Expression of Interest (EOI): An EOI is submitted and assessed by the Review Panel. Short-listed applicants will be invited to submit a full project proposal.
- Full Project Proposal: Invited applicants submit a full project proposal with greater depth of detail and documentation. This is assessed by the Review Panel and agreements with up to two selected applicant organisations will be offered.
- Newcastle audiences will have experienced quality new work and a community benefit can be demonstrated
- Artists/practitioners will have had professional opportunities
- The collaborating organisation will have grown in strength through project partnerships, range of funders and professional relationships.
We invite applications from eligible arts, cultural and heritage organisations. Projects must commence between 1 January - 30 June 2020 and be completed no later than 30 June 2022. Up to $70,000 (cash and in-kind in total) is available per year for up to 3 years.
Expression of Interest (EOI) Applications open Friday 31 May at 9am and close on Monday 1 July at 5pm.
Complete an Expression of Interest Form
Mardi Ryan, Senior Cultural Planner on 4974 5327 (Monday to Thursday) or email email@example.com
Projects supported by City of Newcastle:
Catapult dance choreographic hub
Propel: Choreographic and Multi-Disciplinary Performance program.
A series of dance residencies bringing together local, national and international artists, with public presentations at Catapult, Newcastle Art Gallery and culminating in a triple bill in Civic Theatre.
January 2018 – June 2020 (3 years)
Newcastle Youth Orchestra
Newcastle Youth Orchestra (NYO) Ensembles' Season
Performances by NYO’s ensembles and commissioning of new work presented in June 2019.
January 2018 - June 2019 (2 years)
Newcastle Writers Festival
2019 Newcastle Writers Festival
July 2018 – June 2019 (1 year)
Tantrum Youth Arts
Trajectory - Launching New Work - Giving agency to young theatre makers in Newcastle
Young artists 18-30 years collaboratively making new, contemporary and innovative theatre works and presenting in Newcastle and Sydney.
July 2018 – December 2020 (3 years)
This is Not Art
Developing a sustainable festival model whilst also developing a new music co-presenter, We Don’t Dance, to grow the festival by 25%.
July 2019 – April 2021 (3 years)