Newcastle Youth Council Committee
To guide the implementation of youth strategies for Newcastle City Council and to raise awareness of youth issues.
Objectives and Responsibilities
The objective of the Committee is to seek to engage young people in Local Government and to provide advice to Council regarding youth issues in Newcastle’s LGA.
The responsibilities of the Committee are as follows:
- Aim to engage young people in Local Government
- Raise awareness of youth issues
- Allocate Youth Week grants as per Council's Youth Week Grant Policy
- Guide implementation of the Newcastle 2030 Community Strategic Plan
- Assist in the development and implementation of social strategies for Newcastle City Council
- Assist Council to prepare applications for youth related grants
- Support Council in a manner that is consistent with Council values and decisions of Council.
Download the Committee Charter (pdf)
Meetings are 2 hours from 5pm - 7pm, and are held at Newcastle Region Library, Laman Street. Light snacks are provided.
There is always an adult in attendance.
Meeting 3 -
Thursday 19 April
Meeting 4 -
Wednesday 16 May
Meeting 5 -
Thursday 14 June
Meeting 6 -
Wednesday 18 July
Meeting 7 -
Thursday 16 August
Last meeting for 2018 -
Wednesday 19 September
No meetings from October 2018 to January 2019 (due to exams/holidays).
The Committee will be constituted by the following membership with voting rights:
- At least one Councillor Member, to a maximum of three
- Youth Members (up to fifteen in total) aged 15-25.
Membership applications are always welcomed. To apply to become a member please visit Newcastle Youth Council
Newcastle Youth Council currently has 15 members.
Meeting One Agenda - 15 February 2018
Meeting Two Agenda - 14 March 2018
Meeting One Minutes - 15 February 2018