Council sends out rates notices 4 times a year, January, April, July and October either by mail or email.
Have your notice emailed - just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include your account number and your preferred email address to receive your notices.
BPAY - Telephone and Internet Banking
Contact your bank or financial institution to make this payment from your cheque, saving or transaction account. Council's Biller Code is 57471 - find out more at www.bpay.com.au
- You can present your rate notice at any Australia Post office. They accept cash, cheque or credit cards. (American Express, Visa or MasterCard only).
- Phone 13 18 16 to pay by credit card (American Express, Visa or MasterCard only) - quote biller code 0231.
Pay online now
Pay your bill now
- Click on the link below and a new window will open with a secure connection to the Australia Post POSTbillpay service.
- Enter your Reference No. found next to the POSTbillpay logo on the bottom of your notice.
- Enter the payment amount and your credit card details.
Pay by phone - POSTbillpay service - just call 131816
Pay over the phone by credit card. Our Biller Code is 0231.
Pay by Mail
Make your cheque or money order payable to City Of Newcastle crossed 'Not Negotiable'
Please mail to:
City Of Newcastle
PO Box 489
Newcastle NSW 2300
Pay in person
Visit our Customer Service Centre between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. You will find us at 282 King Street, Newcastle. You can pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card (American Express, Visa or MasterCard only). A 0.75% service fee applies for credit card payments.
Council offers direct debit from cheque or savings accounts as a method of paying your rates. This method is available by completing the forms below and returning it to Council.
You can elect to have your rates paid from your nominated bank account - (Please note credit card accounts cannot be used.)
- Direct Debit Form (pdf) - choose from fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or annual payments
For fortnightly and monthly payments you need to select a commencement date for deductions
- view Direct Debit dates for 2018/19 (pdf).
You will also need to read the service agreement. See documents right hand side.
If you have any questions on the current rating process please call Council on (02) 4974 2000.
Ratepayers experiencing financial difficulties should contact Council's Debt Management Team on (02) 4974 2128.