Extended Exhibition for Holiday Period
The notification/exhibition process for development applications is outlined in the City of Newcastle's Development Control Plan 2012 (DCP) Section 8.00 Public Participation
. In accordance with the DCP, notification periods are extended to allow for the holiday period.
What is Application Tracking?
Application Tracking enables the public to access information about development associated applications and to track the progress of an application from lodgement to determination.
You are also able to obtain information on applications that:
The information available on applications submitted after December 2017 includes documents submitted with the application, any submission received, a copy of any determination issued. It has been provided to assist in tracking the progress of an application and represents milestones in the application process, but is not a complete history of the application.
The applications in the register include: development applications, applications to modify development applications (S96's) and requests to review a development application (S82's).
Applications submitted before Monday 18 December 2017 are also in the register, but documents associated with the application are not available. If you are not able to find the information you are looking for contact Councils Contact Centre via:
Phone: 02 4974 2000
What developments are not in the Tracker?
Not all development proposals are submitted to Council for consideration, some are required to be submitted to the Department of Planning for assessment. Those applications include:
- State Significant Development (SSD)
- State Significant Infrastructure (SSI)
- Transitional Major Projects (former Part 3A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A Act) (now repealed but some existing applications under this assessment regime)
- Other development assessed under Part 4 EP&A Act (including advertising signage and developments in the ski resort areas of the Snowy Mountains)
- Modifications to approvals of the above.
More information on applications that have been submitted in the Newcastle Local Government Area can be accessed via the Major Project Assessments
on the Department of Planning website
Furthermore, Complying Development is currently not available in the Tracker. Complying Development can be determined by Council or a Private Certifier.
Terms and Conditions
If you access this website you will have taken to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
- The documentation displayed on the website is to assist in tracking the progress of an application. It represents milestones in the application process, but is not a complete history of the application
- The tracker may not include all development applications on a site e.g. historical applications that are not in our current electronic data base will not appear in the tracker
- The contents of this website (which includes downloadable material) are subject to copyright and are protected by laws of Australia and other countries through international treaties
- By accessing this information I request to do so under Section 6 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and I understand that Council is making the information available under the provisions of Section 6 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009
- Newcastle City Council grants you a non-exclusive licence to reproduce the contents of this website in your web browser (and in any cache file produced by your web browser) for the sole purpose of viewing the content Newcastle City Council reserves all other rights
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Newcastle City Council excludes all liability to you for loss or damage of any kind (however caused, including by negligence) arising from or relating in any way to the contents of this website and/or your use of it
- All matters relating to this website are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia
- Persons wishing to obtain more information about an application or applications on a site should contact Council via email using firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 02 4974 2000 during business hours.