Flooding affects up to one third of all properties in Newcastle and it is important for all residents to be aware of their flood risk – not just at home, but at work, school or other places you visit frequently.
Flooding can occur in Newcastle quickly and sometimes there is less than one hour of warning between the beginning of a storm and the onset of flooding.
If your home, work, school or playground are in a flood prone area then it is important to be prepared
and understand what to do in case of flood.
This interactive mapping is for general flood awareness purposes only and cannot be used for development purposes. If your property is flood prone you must apply for a Flood Information Certificate
when undertaking development.
Use the interactive map below to identify your flood risk
How to use the interactive map:
- Read the explanation of the flood maps shown and then click close.
- Type your address into the search window at the top left and press enter. Once you have identified your property a polygon should highlight it.
- Click on your property anywhere in the polygon to read the flood risk.
- A separate window should pop-up explaining the flood risk at your location. You must click through the explanation of flood risk using the arrows at the top of the window.
- Zoom out and in by using the scroll wheel on your mouse and investigate the flood risk in your local area. Is your street at risk of flooding? Is your local park, shops or school at risk of flooding?
- Investigate the flood risk at your work, school or playground by repeating the process above.