West End Stage 2 - Streetscape Plan Public Exhibition
The West End Stage 2 Streetscape Plan has been prepared to guide the design of the public domain within the Newcastle West End precinct.
The draft plan is the second stage of a project to improve how our streets and public spaces look in the West End. This stage includes parts of Maitland Road, Hunter Street, and the extents of Steel Street. It also includes the interface of intersecting streets to allow a suitable transition between the spaces.
The key outcomes for the community include:
- Improved walkability and connections to public transport
- Providing safe continuous bi-directional cycleways along Maitland Road, Hunter Street, and Steel Street which connects to other shared pathways
- Improved landscaping and the creation of green nodes and public spaces.
The draft plan is on exhibition from now until Monday 1 April 2019.
Ways to have your say
Let us now if we're on the right track. Are the actions we have proposed going to achieve the aims of the plan?
Take the opportunity to:
- Read the draft plan
- Hard copies are available at the City Administration Centre 282 King Street, Newcastle and Newcastle City branch library.
- Complete the submission form below, or upload a document
- Attend a drop-in session Wednesday 13 March 2019 (10:30am-12:30pm or 5-7pm) at City Hall, King Street Newcastle
- Complete the survey
Alternatively, you can email a written submission to email@example.com
Postal submissions can be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
City of Newcastle
Attention: Senior Project Planner
PO Box 489
Newcastle NSW 2300
Reference 'West End Stage 2' in the title for emailed and posted submissions.
The public exhibition period closes 5pm Monday 1 April 2019.
Protecting your privacy
The City of Newcastle is committed to protecting your privacy. We take reasonable steps to comply with relevant legislation and policy.
Purpose of collecting personal details: We are collecting this information to determine the local community’s views and opinions on the proposal outlined.
Intended recipients: Information provided as part of the consultation will be used as part of the investigation into the proposal, and may be included in future reports on the issue.
Storage and security: Information provided will be stored on our database and will be subject to our information and privacy policies.
Access: Individuals can access data to check accuracy by contacting us.