The Office of State Debt Recovery (SDR) is the only authority that can receipt and process penalty amounts. If you have received a parking fine, you can pay it at the Office of State Debt Recovery by one of the following methods
Request a Review of Penalty Notice
If you believe that the penalty was not issued correctly or there are extenuating circumstances then request to have the penalty reviewed by the Office of State Debt Recovery.
Office of State Debt Recovery (SDR)
Customers can request a review from the Office of State Debt Recovery (SDR).
To assist SDR in considering your review and to ensure that all information has been considered, you should include with your representation the following documents and information if it is available:
- Clear copy of the penalty (marked 'Penalty Infringement Notice' at the top)
- Vehicles registration
- Your contact details
- Any medical evidence (if the circumstances are for medical reasons)
- Any conversation with the issuing officer
- Any other relevant information
For ticket related parking offences, please also include the:
- Identification number displayed on the ticket parking machine
- Time you attempted to use the ticket parking machine
- Method of payment
- Brief description of and difficulties that you encountered
- Reference number supplied by the call centre (if available).
What are the possible outcomes of the review?
When the review of your penalty notice has been completed, you will receive written advice from the SDR as to the outcome. The outcome of the review will be one of the following:
- Penalty to stand: the PPN was correctly issued and the offence was proven to have occurred. However, the circumstances or issues raised did not justify granting a caution or cancellation of the PPN. You can either pay the required fine amount or elect to have the matter heard by a court. This must be done via the SDR.
- Caution: the PPN was correctly issued and the offence was proven to have occurred. However, due to mitigating circumstances raised in your request, SDR determined that a Caution is justified. Payment of the fine is not required and demerit points (if applicable) will not be applied. However, it should be noted that for demerit point offences the caution will be recorded on your driving history.
- Cancellation: following review it has been determined that the evidence does not support the issue of the PPN or that the PPN has been issued in error. You do not have to pay the fine and demerit points (if applicable) will not be recorded.
For further information, refer to the SDR Review Guidelines - in particular pages 5-7 for parking offences and page 17 for animal related offences.