Your general waste (red lid) bin is serviced every week. Your recycling (yellow lid) and green waste (green lid) bins are serviced on alternate weeks, on the same day as your general waste collection.
Your bins must be on the kerb by 5am on your collection day. You can help to ensure that your bins don't get missed by getting it right on bin night.
Kerbside collection days
To find out your collection day and your green waste and recycling weeks:
- Type your address into the map search below. As you type, your address should appear in a drop-down list. Select your address from the drop-down list.
- Once you have selected your address, the map will zoom in on your property. Click on the map area next to your property.
- A pop-up calendar should appear on your screen showing your collection day. You can click on the calendar to increase its size and view your waste collection weeks.
- Note: If you already know your waste collection area, you can directly access your calendar via these links: Area 1 Calendar and Area 2 Calendar.
Waste collection calendars
Our Waste Services Guide contains a calendar showing your green waste and recycling collection weeks, together with information on a range of waste services available to Newcastle households. The guide has a magnet on the back so that it can be kept on the fridge for quick reference.
The guide runs on a financial year format (i.e. the calendar starts from July) and is distributed to households at the end of June each year. If you do not have a calendar, please complete the Waste Calendar Request Form to have one posted to you.
Public holiday collections
Did you know City of Newcastle collect your bins every day of the year except for Christmas Day?
So, no matter what holidays are on during the year, the only collection change you need to remember is for Christmas week.
During Christmas week 2019…
- If your bins are collected Monday or Tuesday morning – there’s no change.
- If your bins are collected Wednesday, Thursday or Friday morning – they’ll be collected one day later i.e. Thursday, Friday or Saturday morning.
- The following week, all collections are back to normal. It’s that’s easy!
If you have any questions, please call us on 4974 2000.