What is Application Tracking?
City of Newcastle (CN) maintains information on development activity within the LGA in a public data base referred to as Application Tracker. The Application Tracker enables you to access to historic data, track the progress of applications currently under consideration and associated documentation.
What types of applications are available in Application Tracker?
- Development Applications, including Modifications and Requests for Reviews
- Complying Development Certificates
- Planning Proposals
Not all development proposals are submitted to CN for consideration, some are required to be submitted to the Department of Planning for assessment. Those applications include:
- State Significant Development (SSD)
- State Significant Infrastructure (SSI)
- Transitional Major Projects (former Part 3A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A Act) (now repealed but some existing applications under this assessment regime)
- Other development assessed under Part 4 EP&A Act (including advertising signage and developments in the ski resort areas of the Snowy Mountains)
- Modifications to approvals of the above.
More information on applications that have been submitted in the Newcastle Local Government Area can be accessed at the Planning Portal.
What plans and documents are available?
Development Applications submitted after the 18th December 2017 include documents submitted with the application, any submissions received and a copy of any determination issued. The information and documents have been provided to assist in tracking the progress of an application and represent milestones in the process but may not be a complete history of the application.
Access to documents
Work is continuing to improve the access to documents associated with an application.
If you are not able to find the information you are looking for contact CN's Contact Centre via:
Phone: 02 4974 2000
Terms and Conditions
If you access this website you will have taken to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
- The documentation displayed on the website is to assist in tracking the progress of an application. It represents milestones in the application process, but is not a complete history of the application.
- The tracker may not include all development applications on a site e.g. historical applications that are not in our current electronic data base will not appear in the tracker.
- The tracker, may show all applications on a property, but it cannot be relied upon to show applications where subdivision or land consolidation has occurred or where the application was submitted on multiple lots of land.
- The contents of this website (which includes downloadable material) are subject to copyright and are protected by laws of Australia and other countries through international treaties.
- By accessing this information I request to do so under Section 6 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and I understand that CN is making the information available under the provisions of Section 6 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
- City of Newcastle grants you a non-exclusive licence to reproduce the contents of this website in your web browser (and in any cache file produced by your web browser) for the sole purpose of viewing the content City of Newcastle reserves all other rights.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, City of Newcastle excludes all liability to you for loss or damage of any kind (however caused, including by negligence) arising from or relating in any way to the contents of this website and/or your use of it.
- All matters relating to this website are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
- Persons wishing to obtain more information about an application or applications on a site should contact CN via email using firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 02 4974 2000 during business hours.