City supports Aspen Medical disability vaccination hub
City of Newcastle has worked with Aspen Medical to establish a Newcastle disability vaccination hub at Wallsend Library.
The vaccination hub will operate from today for eligible individuals within the disability sector including people with a disability and disability support workers.
Eligible people with a disability include:
- NDIS participants aged 12 and over
- Those who have a significant disability or underlying medical condition aged 12 and over
- Residents living in a group home with two or more people
Eligible people working in disability include:
- Carers of NDIS participants aged 12 and over
- Staff, carers, infrequent visitors and volunteers in a residential care setting
- Workers who provide in-home and community disability and aged care, including centre-based care
The clinic will cater for at least 50 customers at one time and plans to vaccinate up to 200 eligible people a day.
City of Newcastle is pleased to be able to support Aspen Medical to continue their rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination.
When Aspen Medical approached City of Newcastle for support to locate a suitable venue to accommodate the disability vaccination hub, its emergency management team worked quickly to identify Wallsend Library as a location which met Aspen Medical's operational requirements.
Wallsend Library has wheelchair access, disabled parking and room to facilitate vaccinations with ample space for safe waiting areas.
Ineligible walk-ins to the vaccination hub are unable to be accommodated. Bookings can be made by registering interest with Aspen Medical by emailing email@example.com