Boost Your Place - Placemaking grant
COVID-19 has bought with it many challenges. Maintaining connections amongst our community and within our public places has never been more important to our wellbeing.
There are many worthy ideas out there in our creative and caring Newcastle community. The City of Newcastle (CN) has allocated funding of $60,000 to support an innovative grant program to help turn your ideas into worthy actions.
The aim of the Boost Your Place - Placemaking grant is to encourage and support community members to stay socially connected or reconnect, on-line or in real places, considering COVID-19 health advice and physical distancing restrictions.
Find out more:
How to apply:
Whilst there's a few T&Cs to consider below, essentially we're inviting you to submit a video and application form via the Lean in Newy app of your group's idea for how you can Boost Your Place.
- Read through the guidelines before starting
- Form your group to develop your idea
- Familiarise with current COVID-19 government and health advice and physical distancing restrictions NSW Health COVID-19 and Federal Government Health COVID-19
- Download the Lean in Newy app and become a member.
Lean in Newy allows you to be rewarded by points for completing worthy challenges and support local businesses by redeeming your points. You will earn Lean in points just for becoming a member. Need help with the app?
- Go to the Stay Connected challenge category in the app and select the Boost Your Place challenge. You will earn 500 Lean in points when you follow the link to submit your idea.
- Follow the link in Boost Your Place challenge to submit your idea by completing the application.
- Take a photo or screenshot of your submitted application showing the application number and submit through Lean in Newy to verify you have met this challenge.
- Create your video (max 2 mins, mobile device video is acceptable), and follow the instructions in the form to add a link to your video in your application.
The best videos are short, punchy and don't need to be professional. You have the opportunity to short-listed for showcasing during the Boost Your Place Lean in Newy on-line Zoom event and you will earn another 200 Lean in points!
- The number of votes your idea receives will be considered in the grant assessment and if your idea is successful, you will be eligible for grant funding between $1,000 & $4,000!
Note: Are you unsure about how to create a video to submit or downloading the Lean in Newy app? Help is available. Please contact us for advice via email at email@example.com or (02) 4974 2000 to be directed to the relevant CN officer.
Lean in Newy points are awarded to each group member, i.e. 3 members, 500 points each, up to a maximum of 5 people per group. Any other Lean in Newy members who attend the Zoom showcase event and vote via the app will also earn 250 points!