Carrington Community Centre
A public health order has been issued by the NSW Government limiting public gatherings. For the latest information see the City’s response to COVID-19.
City of Newcastle community halls reopen for existing bookings from 1 July 2020. No new or casual bookings will be taken. We are monitoring the situation and further updates will be listed on this page.
Carrington Community Centre (formerly the Carrington Council Chambers) is located at 1A Hargraves Street, Carrington. This is a small, heritage listed hall with a good kitchen and a nice outdoor area. It is perfect for seminars and children's birthday parties and smaller events, or for classes such as yoga, Pilates or craft-related activities.
Please fill in our online booking form, if you would like to make a booking, or contact customer service on (02) 4974 2000 for more information. Please note that a minimum of 5 working days' notice is required to book this hall. Bookings made with less than 10 working days' notice will incur a late administration fee.
- Hall hire fee - $15.50 per hour
- Low risk security bond - $200; High risk security bond - $600
- Locker Fee - $10.30 per month
- Cleaning charge - $86.60 (for events between 5pm Friday and 8am Monday or weekdays as required)\
- Late administration fee (for bookings with less than 10 working days' notice) $56.70.