A public health order has been issued by the NSW Government limiting public gatherings. For the latest information see the City’s response to COVID-19.
City of Newcastle community halls reopen for existing bookings from 1 July 2020. No new or casual bookings will be taken. We are monitoring the situation and further updates will be listed on this page.
Tarro Community Hall is located in Northern Avenue, Tarro. It is an older style hall which was once a theatre. Seating is provided for up to 70 guests and the kitchen features a fridge, oven, microwave and urn.
If you would like to book the hall please fill in our online booking form or contact Customer Service on (02) 4974 2000 for further information. Photos and a floor plan below.
Please note that a minimum of 5 working days' notice is required to book this hall. Bookings made with less than 10 working days' notice will incur a late administration fee.
Casual hire fees - reduced rates of hire may be applicable for charity events or regular hires.
- Hire fee - $15.50 per hour
- Hire fee - Charity rate - $10.30 per hour
- Low-risk security bond - $200
- High-risk security bond - $600
- Cleaning fee - $86.60 (for events between 5pm Friday and 8am Monday or weekdays as required)
- Late Administration fee - $56.70 (for bookings made with less than 10 working days' notice)