Warabrook Community Centre
A public health order has been issued by the NSW Government limiting public gatherings. For the latest information see the City’s response to COVID-19.
City of Newcastle community halls reopen for existing bookings from 1 July 2020. No new or casual bookings will be taken. We are monitoring the situation and further updates will be listed on this page.
Warabrook Community Centre is a purpose-built centre, featuring a large function room for events of up to 70 people, along with two smaller meeting rooms. Due to its close proximity to residences and the nature of ongoing hires at this centre, Warabrook Community Centre is not suitable for large social gatherings such as birthday parties or weddings.
The centre offers a large outdoor area, and a kitchen equipped with fridge, oven, microwave, and urn for tea and coffee making.
Conveniently located near the Warabrook local shopping area, and close to public transport, this centre is perfect for meetings, workshops, training events and seminars.
Please see photos and a floor plan below. If you would like to book the hall for a regular (weekly or monthly) hire or a casual (one-off) hire please fill in our online booking form or contact Customer Service on (02) 4974 2000 for further information. A minimum of 5 working days' notice is required to book this hall. Bookings made with less than 10 working days' notice will incur a late administration fee.
- Hire fee - Main room - $20.60 per hour
- Hire fee - Meeting room - $15.50 per hour
- Hire fee - Main room - Charity - $15.50 per hour
- Hire fee - Meeting room - Charity - $13.40 per hour
- Security bond - Low risk - $200
- Security bond - High risk - $600
- Cleaning charge - $84 (for events between 5pm Friday and 8am Monday or as required)
- Late administration fee - $56.70 (for events with less than 10 working days' notice).