A road occupancy permit is required for the use of part or all of a Council road (roadway or footpath) to carry out different type of works. Common reasons to obtain a road occupancy permit include:
- Road works such as gas, watermain, sewer or electrical connections
- Concrete pour or major deliveries where safety is an issue
- Standing a crane or similar equipment to lift goods or fix building walls
- Rail line maintenance
- Driveway construction which closes off part of the footpath to pedestrian traffic
- Construction adjoining a Council road reserve
- Enclosing part of the footpath to repair an awning or building façade (using removable fence or witches hats for short term work - less than one month duration).
Read Standard conditions for close road / lane for construction purposes
The application form should be submitted at least 5 days before the permit is required, or 20 days prior to commencement of works for a complex construction traffic management plan.
How to apply
Complete this form, scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
An officer will reply to your email providing the 4-digit permit reference number and confirmed total amount needed to pay via one of the following options:
Enter biller code 1424811, 4-digit reference number (TPP/xxxx), job address and amount payable. You should provide your email address to receive your receipt then forward to email@example.com
to confirm payment and an officer will reply with your permit attached to print and place on dashboard(s).
- Phone by calling 1300 276 468 and following the prompts.
Enter biller code 1424811, 4-digit reference number (TPP/xxxx), and amount payable. Once paid please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and an officer will check for payment received and reply with your permit attached to print and place on dashboard(s).