Fees and Policy Flexibility
The City of Newcastle will give businesses and individuals flexibility on a range of Council fees and policies to ease pressures relating to COVID-19. This will allow essential businesses and service providers to operate responsively to the City’s changing needs in line with the latest advice from the NSW and Federal Governments.
- Waiver of library fines on overdue loans for six months from 23 March 2020
- Returning booking fees to individuals or organisations who have booked a City venue and are now unable to proceed with their event
- Ease on footpath restrictions for food premises to practice social distancing
- Maintaining hourly parking rates at current levels for the next twelve months
- More flexible delivery times and truck movements at supermarkets
- Support for doctor’s surgeries to stay open longer
- Food inspection fees have been waived on inspections carried out between 27 April 2020 and 30 June 2020
More changes are likely to be implemented in the coming months.
How do I get my venue hire fee returned for Newcastle City Hall, Fort Scratchley, Newcastle Museum, Civic Theatre or Playhouse?
You will be contacted City of Newcastle who will attempt to reschedule your booking for another date or provide you with a refund for your booking. If you haven’t been directly contacted by Newcastle Venues, then please contact Newcastle Venues on (02) 4974 2166.
For information regarding ticketing for events at the Civic Theatre or Playhouse please visit the Civic Theatre.
Will I be fined if I can't return the items on loan from Newcastle Libraries?
No, you won’t be fined. The loan periods on your items have been extended and City of Newcastle has enacted a library fines waiver for six months (from 23 March 2020).
Due to national COVID-19 containment measures, all Newcastle Libraries branches and after-hours book returns chutes are closed. Members should keep any items they have out on loan at home.
How can I find out more?
If you would like to know more, please contact the City of Newcastle Customer Service team on (02) 4974 2000.