The City of Newcastle is expanding its existing FREE e-Library to provide even more access to e-book and e-audio platforms, video stories, movie and music streaming platforms, plus a huge range of online newspapers and e-magazines.
There are some fantastic options in our e-Library, including:
- Four e-book and e-audio platforms with thousands of titles including latest release and popular titles;
- A children’s story platform, Storybox, that includes videos of well-known Australian authors and TV personalities reading aloud;
- An online platform called Press reader that has a wide range of international and regional newspapers;
- An online platform called RB Digital (also an e-book and e-audio platform) that offers a huge range of popular e-magazines;
- Two movie streaming platforms (Kanopy and Beamafilm) that contain over 30,000 movies, documentaries, kids and wellness content;
- A music streaming platform, Freegal, that offers access to around 15 million songs including entire Sony Music Recording catalogue; and
- National Geographic online.
Who does this support apply to?
Anyone with a City of Newcastle Library membership.
Not a member? If you live, work or regularly travel in the Newcastle region, you can become a member of the Library free of charge by registering online.
How do I access the online content?
The easiest way to access the e-Library via the Newcastle Region Library app.
How can I find out more?
Visit Newcastle Libraries or call (02) 4974 5300 and speak to a staff member between 9.30am-5pm weekdays and 9.30am-1.30pm Saturdays.