In line with the recent Public Health Order, City of Newcastle's facilities remain open while abiding by the one person per four square metre rule. The wearing of face masks indoors is mandatory.
All visitors to City of Newcastle facilities must use the Service NSW QR code for COVID safe check in.
For more information visit NSW Health.
Stay up to date - sign up for our newsletter and receive the latest City news and updates
The safety and wellbeing of our communities, customers and employees is our top priority.
Our team is working with government partners and local stakeholders on maintaining essential services, delivering community and economic support, and planning for the City’s recovery from COVID-19.
We're responding to COVID-19 in the following ways:
- Our Community and Economic Resilience Package was launched to provide comprehensive support to help locals through the unprecedented effects of COVID-19.
- We comply with the NSW Government’s Public Health Orders relating to public spaces such as playgrounds, skateparks and beaches.
- We are actively involved in the Local Emergency Management Committee's response to COVID-19 which includes police, NSW Fire Brigades, SES, Health, Transport for NSW and neighbouring councils. This is allowing us to establish joint approaches and provide consistent advice.
- We have activated the Emergency Management Action Plan (EMAP) for Newcastle. This Plan is aligned to State and National emergency plans and City of Newcastle’s suite of Emergency Management Plans. The EMAP outlines strategies for CN in accordance with readiness and key actions which CN is committed to in accordance with relevant legislation, Acts and Regulations.
- We have eased regulatory enforcement to give businesses flexibility to reduce the impacts of COVID-19, allowing more truck deliveries to supermarkets, and longer hours for doctors’ surgeries. Read more about Council's approach to ease COVID-19 pressures. Read the message from Rob Stokes Minister for Planning and Public Spaces.
- We are promoting the NSW Health as the primary source of information and health updates.
Stay up to date - Sign up to our newsletter and be the first to receive the latest City news and updates
Health information and support
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty in the community, especially when it comes to restrictions on what you can do and where you can go. For the latest information and public health orders, see the NSW Health COVID-19 website.
Economic stimulus package information:
Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice: