Pedestrian and traffic improvement projects
We’re working on several key local area traffic management and pedestrian improvement projects in 2019/20 under the LATM (Local Area Traffic Management Plan) and PAMP (Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan) programs. These projects are at various stages of investigation, planning, design and/or construction this financial year. For some projects, we need to undertake more consultation before designs are finalised.
For a list of our cycleways projects, head to onyourbike.com.au
Local area traffic management projects
- Albert, Greenway, Church and Grey streets, Wickham - Design of realigned intersections of Albert, Greenway, Church and Grey Streets with Hannell Street, Wickham, in accordance with the Wickham Local Area Traffic Management Plan (2017)
- Chinchen Street, Islington - Finalisation of design and construction of traffic control signals at the intersection of Chinchen Street at Clyde St, Islington
- Croudace Road, Elermore Vale - Investigation of intersection upgrades (roundabout or signals) at the intersection of Croudace Road and Garsdale Avenue.
- Glebe Road at Park Avenue - Construct traffic control signals.
- National Park Street, Merewether - Design of a raised threshold and pedestrian crossing on National Park Street north of Kenrick Street, Merewether. The project is an approved device in the adopted Hamilton South LATM Study (2013).
- Park Avenue, Kotara – Investigation and design of traffic control signals at the intersection of Park Avenue and Joslin Street, Kotara.
- National Park Street, Newcastle West – Investigation and design of raised crossings and kerb extensions at the intersection of National Park Street and Parry Street, Newcastle West, in accordance with the West End Stage One Public Domain Plan.
- Platt Street, Waratah – Investigation and design of traffic calming devices on Platt Street, Waratah.
- Vista Parade, Kotara - Design and construction of a raised threshold with pedestrian crossing on Vista Parade, Kotara, between Grayson Avenue and Princeton Avenue (upgrade of existing children's crossing) and the design and construction of raised mid-block thresholds on Princeton Avenue, in accordance with the Kotara and Adamstown Heights Traffic and Parking Study.
Pedestrian improvement projects
- Beech Close to Weller Street, Fletcher – Investigation and design of a link (shared path) from Beech Close to Weller Street, Fletcher, across Wentworth Creek.
- Croudace Road, Elermore Vale - Design of a footpath on the northern side of Croudace Road, Elermore Vale from Jubilee Road to Cardiff Road, including refuges on all legs of the roundabout at Cardiff Road and at Urura Parade.
- Cynthia Street, Adamstown Heights – Design of a footpath from Belair Public School to Westfield Kotara entry and a raised crossing on Cynthia Street west of Carolyn Street.
- Denison Street, Hamilton - Design of kerb ramps, kerb extensions and public utility adjustments as required on Denison Street at Murray Street, Webster Street, Crompton Street, Lawson Street and Turner Street, Hamilton.
- Gordon Avenue, Hamilton South - Design and construction of a pedestrian refuge with kerb extensions and kerb ramps on Gordon Avenue south of Alexander Street, Hamilton South.
- High Street, The Hill – Design and construction of a refuge on High Street, The Hill, near Lemnos Parade.
- Janet Street, North Lambton - Design and construction of a footpath on Janet Street, North Lambton, between Algie Street and Summit Street and kerb extension at Henry Street.
- Mandalong Road, Adamstown – Completion of construction of kerb ramps at the intersections of Mandalong Road with Narara Road Gosford Road, Adamstown.
- Maryland Drive, Maryland – Investigation and design of a pedestrian refuge on Maryland Drive near Grange Avenue, Maryland and of a footpath section on the north-eastern side to link with the existing footpath.
- Morehead Street, Lambton – Design and construction of a raised pedestrian crossing and kerb extensions at the existing zebra crossing on the south side of the intersection of Morehead Street and Elder Street, Lambton.
- Tourle Street, Mayfield – Design of a raised pedestrian crossing with kerb extensions on Tourle Street at Maitland Road, Mayfield.
- Union, Laman and Bull Streets, Cooks Hill – Construction of raised pedestrian crossings and kerb extensions to replace the existing pedestrian crossings on Laman Street and Union Street and kerb ramps and a marked pedestrian crossing on Bull Street at Union Street.
- Woodstock Street, Mayfield – Design of a pedestrian refuge with kerb extensions on Woodstock Street at Maitland Road, Mayfield.
- Young Road, Lambton - Design of the realignment of the intersection of Durham Road at Young Road Lambton, including the incorporation of kerb ramps and a pedestrian refuge; kerb extension and ramps at the intersection of Wallarah Road at Young Road; pedestrian refuge with kerb ramps on Young Road east of Orlando Road; and a footpath on the south side of Young Road between Durham Road and Orlando Road.
Further detail on projects will be available on the Projects and Works
page as they progress