Introducing our latest online learning resource ... Lynda.com
Watch this short video for a quick and easy to understand overview of what Lynda.com is all about!
We are pleased to offer our members access to Lynda.com's library of instructional videos. Normally, using Lynda.com requires a paid subscription, but as a library member you can access Lynda.com content from any device with an internet connection simply by entering your library card number and PIN (this should be 1234 if you haven't set one).
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is an online learning site that hosts a constantly growing library of over 3,000 courses that include over 130,000 videos. Courses cover a variety of topics (including business, design, web development and multimedia skills) and software (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and open source applications) that can help you pursue personal and professional goals. These courses are delivered by expert instructors and feature searchable transcripts that make it easy to find quick answers to questions. They also feature Certificates of Completion that can be uploaded to a LinkedIn profile.
How do I access and use Lynda.com?
How to set up your Lynda.com account:
- Go to our Lynda.com portal on any device with an internet connection. You can also find our Lynda.com portal under Explore then eLearning.
- Set up your account which will be linked to your library card number, PIN and email.
- Use Lynda.com on a computer via our website or via the Lynda.com app
- Using the Lynda.com app requires a small once-off set up process.
How do I access Lynda.com with the Lynda.com app?
- Go to our Lynda.com portal or you can find it on our website under Explore then eLearning
- Enter your library card number and PIN (default PIN is 1234 for all members), and click on
- Select No, I've never had an account or I've had an account (majority of members will not have a Lynda.com account)
- Enter your First name, Last name and Email. Click on Save
- Your account and user profile is set up. You are now ready to use Lynda.com
- If you want to use Lynda.com via their app please follow the additional steps below
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to obtain and set-up the app. You will only need to follow this process the first time you use the app then you will remain logged into your Lynda.com account.
How do I access Lynda.com on a computer?
- Download the Lynda.com app from Google Play(Android users) / App Store (iOS users)
- Once installed, open the app
- Select Already a member? from the opening screen
- From the top of the screen select the Organization tab
- Under Web Portal enter ncc.nsw.gov.au and click on Log in
- This will take you to our Lynda.com portal via the web browser on your device
- Enter your library card number and PIN (default PIN is 1234 for all members), and click on Log in
- The Lynda.com app will reopen (your device may ask if you want to 'open in Lynda.com?', select 'Yes' or 'Open')
- Select Accept to accept the Lynda.com terms and conditions
- You are ready to learn with Lynda.com anytime, anywhere!
Tips for managing and making the most of your Lynda.com account
- Follow the steps above under How to set up your Lynda.com account
- You can now login via our Lynda.com portal with your library card number and PIN on any computer with an internet connection.
Once you have logged into Lynda.com with your library barcode you must create a personalized Lynda.com account by entering your name and e-mail address. This account can help you manage your course history, playlists, bookmarks, and Certificates of Completion. Many courses also feature exercise files, so that if you're watching a tutorial about Microsoft Excel you can follow the activity with downloadable, pre-populated Excel spreadsheet files.