Smart Sustainability projects will help the community manage our precious resources more efficiently, using applied technology and innovation to create a cleaner and more sustainable future.
- The creation of a 5MW solar farm generating 7.5 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy each year, enough to power more than half of CN’s annual electricity needs.
- Installation of 685kW solar panels on thirteen council buildings to power our community facilities.
- Electric vehicle charging points throughout the LGA, where feasible using onsite solar panels and battery source for renewable power.
- Council fleet transitioning to electric vehicles, and provision of e-bikes providing sustainable transport options.
- Accelerated upgrade of 5000 Street lights to LED, saving 1,380,000 kWh of power annually, or nearly 10 percent of Council’s entire electricity usage.