We are making car parking easy with an easy-to-use parking app that allows users to pay for parking wherever they are.
- Download the EasyPark app from the AppStore or Google play and make sure your Locations Services settings on your phone is switched ON.
- Set up your account by registering your details, preferences and payment details.
- Add vehicle registration details.
- Enter the area code which is available on the parking meter or if your location has been found, confirm your position and that the area code is correct.
- Spin the dial to set the required expiry time.
- Click Start Parking.
Please ensure that you record your registration details correctly.
If you have any questions or don't have a smart phone please call 1300 734 070 or visit the EasyPark website.
After you have parked access the EasyPark Application use the app to purchase the desired amount of parking up to the amount of time stipulated on the signposting. There is 2 parts to the parking signposting.
(Time) P means maximum time you can legally park in the parking zone. For example:
- 1P equals 1 hour of parking
- 2P equals 2 hours of parking
- 3P equals 3hours of parking
- 4P equals 4hours of parking
- 8P equals 8 hours of Parking
- P equals Unlimited Parking
Ticket/Phone means a fee applies. There are (2) two ways parking can be purchased via the Easypark application or from the nearest ticket parking meter.
Do not leave your vehicle unattended without purchasing an Easypark session or a ticket from the meter.
Lock Out Period (EasyPark Only)
After paying and parking for the maximum time stipulated on the parking sign posting there is a lock out period of 10 mins before you can renew your EasyPark session. This is to encourage drivers to move their vehicles after the maximum parking time has been reached to maximise parking turnover.
CN encourages drivers to only park for the maximum time shown on the parking signposting. Parking for longer than the time shown is breaching the parking rules and may result in a parking penalty notice being issued.
15 min Free Parking
CN offers 15-minutes free parking to customers using the EasyPark app in all 1P and 2P paid parking areas. The 15min free is now only available on the Easypark App for 1P and 2P ticket/phone parking zones.
Hourly rates in 1P, 2P, 4P and 8P parking areas are $4.00 per hour Monday - Friday and $3.00 per hour Saturday and Sunday.
8P parking areas have a daily rate that varies between $6.00 - $10.00 per day depending on area.
All EasyPark transactions are subject to a 10% service fee.
City of Newcastle App
You might also be interested in our City of Newcastle mobile App. It is your one stop shop for everything there is to know about Newcastle including the latest news and information on city services and events, plus handy tips on where to eat, stay, shop and play. Find out more about the City of Newcastle App.