To be eligible for a Youth Week grant, an applicant or event/activity must meet all of the criteria set out in Part C, Section 7 Eligibility Criteria in attached Youth Week Grant Policy.
Aim of Youth Week
National Youth Week celebrates young people and their contribution to their local communities. It is now the largest annual youth participation event in Australia. Youth Week is a week to celebrate young people and provide them with opportunities to express their views and act on issues that affect their lives.
The aim of Youth Week is achieved through young people’s active involvement in the coordination of activities which:
- Raise the issues, ideas and concerns of young people
- Develop strategies to address the issues important to young people
- Increase the communities awareness of young people and the issues that are important to them
- Highlight young people’s contributions to the community.
Council will not fund applications for
- Individuals or government agencies
- Activities where funds have already been spent (e.g. retrospective funding, budget deficits)
- Travel, staff wages and private expenses
- Activities coordinated by any registered political party, or for the benefit of any political candidate
- Contributions to an organisation’s general operating expenses
- Purchases or expenses related to privately owned items
- Furniture or fittings/improvements to major fixed infrastructure
- Arrangements or commitments which are incompatible or inconsistent with the aims and objectives of National Youth Week.
Complete on-line form by Friday 9 February 2018
Newcastle City Council is committed to protecting your privacy. We take reasonable steps to comply with relevant legislation and policies. Purpose
: Council will use your information to contact you in relation to your Youth Week proposal. Intended recipients
: The information will be used by the Newcastle Youth Council and other Council Officers that may need to contact you in relation to your Youth Week event/activity. Storage and security
: Your proposal will be stored in an electronic records management system and will only be available to Council Officers.