The draft Wickham Master Plan outlines the envisioned future character of the area and establishes various strategies that build upon the opportunities and challenges identified in order to guide future redevelopment, public domain and infrastructure plans and works.
The following stages of the project have already been completed:
- Identification of key opportunities and challenges to Wickham considering its changing role within the Newcastle City Centre. These initial findings were collated within a Discussion report (pdf).
- Engagement with landowners to redefine the vision for Wickham and prioritise the issues to be addressed within the Wickham Master Plan. The outcomes of the workshop are included in the Wickham landowners workshop report (pdf).
- Collaboration with technical experts and State agencies through a facilitated workshop to address potential conflicting issues and determine the best means of implementing identified opportunities. The findings of this stage are included in the Wickham technical workshop report (pdf)
- Council appointed the expertise of the AEC Group to prepare an Economic analysis (pdf) for Wickham to inform the preparation of the draft Wickham Master Plan.
- Council also appointed Bitzios Consulting to prepare Traffic and transport assessment (pdf) for Wickham to inform the preparation of the draft Wickham Master Plan.
- Council, at its Ordinary Meeting of 28 March 2017 resolved to exhibit the draft Wickham Master Plan (pdf) for a period of eight weeks.
For more information on the public exhibition please go to the 'Have your say' page.
The Wickham Master Plan project area forms part of the Newcastle City Centre boundary as shown below.
Johannes Honnef on 02 4974 2893 or email: email@example.com