Hunter Homeless Connect Day
At Hunter Homeless Connect Day
, people who are experiencing homelessness, struggling, doing it tough, or are at risk of homelessness, will find a one-stop-shop of free services, activities, entertainment and stuff to take away.
Visit the Newcastle Showground Exhibition Centre on Wednesday the 7th of August between 9am-2pm to freely access the below:
- Legal and financial services: help with debt management, birth certificates, no-interest loans, free legal advice, tax help, tenant and consumer advice, and more.
- Housing and accommodation services: access to public and social housing providers, crisis accommodation, refuges, hostels, assistance for rough sleepers.
- A comprehensive Health Centre: immunisations, dental health, wound care, general health checks, mental health services, podiatry and much more.
- Family services: a place for parents to find out what’s going on and get information and support.
- An ‘Opportunities’ Centre: help to get a job – assistance with resumes, a live jobs board, real employers, clothing, education & training options, volunteering information and other ways to join in.
- FREE all day - hot food, entertainment, haircuts, pampering, activities, workshops, crafts, family photos, soccer; (limited amounts of) care packs, warm clothing, bedding, toiletries and more.
- Connection with old friends and new; a chat over a hot cup of soup in a friendly, welcoming place.
Newcastle Libraries are proud to be part of the connection and learning hub on the day. If you or someone you know are experiencing homelessness or are doing it tough, then you are welcome to attend this annual day of compassion and practical help.