Newcastle Libraries App: Access your Everywhere, Anytime Library!
Downloading the Newcastle Libraries app puts borrowing and so much more at your fingertips.
Access your library at home from your smartphone or tablet and discover a world of eBook and eAudio platforms, video stories, movie and music streaming platforms, plus a huge range of online newspapers and eMagazines.
It’s the fastest and easiest way to get the best out of your Newcastle Libraries membership. If you are not already a member but you live, work or regularly travel in the Newcastle region, you can become a member of the Library free of charge by registering online or simply downloading the app and following the prompts to join.
Borrow items straight from the shelf if your phone has NFC technology. Simply select the "self-check" trolley icon and follow the prompts to make borrowing even easier!
There are also links to manage your membership, the ability to link your family’s library cards so that you have all your memberships in one place, an option to add credit to your account for printing and copying services, links to find out about our What’s On program of events, and you can also get personal reading, watching, and listening recommendations in the Library Lounge.
There are some fantastic options in our eLibrary, including:
- eBook and eAudio platforms with thousands of titles including latest release and popular titles
- A children’s story platform, Storybox, that includes videos of well-known Australian authors and TV personalities reading aloud
- An online platform called PressReader that has a wide range of international and regional newspapers
- An online platform called Libby - also an eBook and eAudio platform - that offers a huge range of popular eMagazines
- Online learning platform LinkedIn Learning offering thousands of online courses and a tutoring service called Studiosity
- Two movie streaming platforms, Kanopy and Beamafilm, that contain over 30,000 movies, documentaries, kids, and wellness content
- A music streaming platform, Freegal, that offers access to around 15 million songs including the entire Sony Music Recording catalogue
- National Geographic and National Geographic Kids online
- A wealth of factual information in our databases and authoritative websites to help with homework and assignments, or to find up-to-date, accurate answers to your questions.
How can I get the app?
How can I find out more or get support?
Call us on 02 4974 5300 to speak to one of our friendly staff, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit your local Newcastle Libraries branch.