Development Forms and Checklists

All development applications and the majority of post consent certificates must be submitted through the NSW Planning Portal. Find out more on our Lodging an Application information page.

The Environmental Planning Assessment Act 1979 requires consent to be granted for various forms of development. In many circumstances that consent is via the submission and assessment of a Development Application (DA).

This page contains links to the various checklists and documents required when submitting a Development Application.

Use the following documents to apply to:

  • erect, alter or demolish a building or structure
  • change the use of land or a building
  • carry out earthworks
  • subdivide land
  • strata subdivide a building
  • display advertising

Guides and Checklists

The following document should be used as a guide for submission requirements for various development types. 

Other useful information