Beresfield Swimming Centre is currently the only City of Newcastle managed pool and is located at Anderson Drive, Beresfield. Please phone (02) 4978 4090 for further information and programs.
Stockton, Lambton, Mayfield and Wallsend swimming centres are operated by BlueFit Aquatics. For further information including opening hours and programs, please visit BlueFit.
Opening Hours for Beresfield Swimming Centre
The Beresfield Swimming Centre re-opened on Monday 27 September with COVID-safe plans in place, based on advice received under the NSW Government Public Health Orders.
For the latest information, see the NSW Health COVID-19 website.
|Date ||Day ||Time |
|18 September 2021 to 24 October 2021 ||Mon - Sun ||6am - 6pm |
|25 October 2021 to 13 March 2022 ||Mon - Sun ||6am - 7pm |
|14 March 2022 to 24 April 2022 ||Mon - Sun ||6am - 6pm |
Beresfield Swimming Centre is Closed Christmas Day.
|Single adminssion ||$2.80 |
|Child under 3 years ||free |
|Pensioner ||$2.20 |
|Spectator fee (learn to swim and coaching programs only) ||free |
|Family day ticket ||$9.50 |
|Bulk entry (groups over 20 patrons) ||$2.20 |
|Family pass ||$333.00 |
|Individual pass || |
|Pensioner family pass || |
|Pensioner individual pass ||$109.00 |
|Lane hire - per hour, per lane (minimum seven swimmers/lane) ||$9.50 |
|Pool inflatable hire - per hour (may be subject to minimum hours) ||$90.00 |
|Additional lifeguard - per hour (minimum of 2 hours) ||$55.00 |
|Half season passes (until 31 December 2021 and 1 January - 24 April 2022) |
|Family pass ||$205.00 |
|Individual pass ||$96.00 |
|Pensioner family pass ||$134.00 |
|Pensioner individual pass ||$70.00 |
Enjoy our giant inflatable over summer. No need to book, just drop in between 12.30pm and 2.30pm on the following dates:
- December - 11, 12, 18, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 31 (Closed Christmas Day)
- January - 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 29, 30
- February - 5, 6, 12, 13
Supervision of children
- Children under the age of 10 years must be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 16 years. Lifeguards have the authority to remove unsupervised children from the water.
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied into the Centre by a responsible parent or adult carer and supervised within arm’s reach at all times. If the child is in the water the parent must be in the water.
- Children aged 5 - 10 years must be actively supervised by an adult or responsible carer over the age of 16 years inside the swimming centre at all times.
- It is recommended that children aged 11 - 14 years are regularly checked on by an adult or responsible carer over the age of 16 years by physically going to where the children are in or around the water.
Beresfield Swimming Centre offers the following features:
- Heated 50m, learners and toddlers pool
- Spectator grandstand
- Playground equipment and grassed areas
- BBQs and shaded seating
- Heated showers
- Off-street and accessible parking.
- Accessible toilet/change room
- Change table (no hoist)
- Steps with handrail into the pool (not a ladder).
Please note: Beresfield Swimming Centre is a smoke free area.