Community Halls and Centres
Effective 7 December 2020
Regular and casual hire is permitted in CN Community Facilities subject to the following conditions being met:-
- Hirer status Permitted
- Registered ABN holders
- Not for profit organisation/group
- Registered charity organisation.
- Social gatherings, celebratory events, private functions, parties and the like are NOT permitted.
- Standing or active hires such as dance, yoga, pilates, martial arts, singing and the like are permitted subject to
- maximum attendance of one person for every 4m2
- floors must be cleaned with soap and disinfectant after use.
- Participants are to maintain 1.5 metre distancing
- Facility capacity is limited to one person for every 2 metres squared (to the maximum capacity of the facility) with the exception of the above active hires.
- Hirers are to acknowledge the Covid Safe Plan for the hired facility and have their own Covid Safe Plan in place for their booking/event.
- All casual hires are subject to post event cleaning. Cleaning fees are charged in accordance with City of Newcastle fees and charges.
For the latest changes on public spaces and gatherings view What you can and can't do under the rules.
For the latest information see the City’s response to COVID-19.
City of Newcastle own and operate sixteen community centres and halls in the Newcastle local government area. Twelve of these community facilities are managed by local committees or community organisations, and four facilities are directly managed City of Newcastle.
Fees and charges:
Click on each facility to view more information and contact details.
* Capacity numbers at the halls are capped to allow for physical distancing. Please view the property for details.
* Capacity numbers at the centres are capped to allow for physical distancing. Please view the property for details.
|Adamstown Seniors Centre
||153A Brunker Road
|Beresfield Seniors Centre
||39 Beresford Avenue
|Mayfield Seniors Centre
||187 - 189 Maitland Road
||90 & 12*
* Please contact the senior centres for details on capacity.