Construction Certificates

Once you have development consent for building work, you will need to obtain a Construction Certificate.

Generally, you should lodge your construction certificate after you have received Development Consent. However, if your proposal is relatively simple, it is possible to lodge the application at the same time as your Development Application.

Council has produced a single application form that combines the Development Application, Construction Certificate Application and Appointment of a Principal Certifying Authority for these minor types of applications.

All forms are available on our   DA forms page.

What is a construction certificate?

A Construction Certificate is required before the commencement of building work subject to a development consent (except when a Complying Development Certificate has been issued).

A Construction Certificate certifies that:

  1. The detailed construction plans and specifications will comply with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) including relevant associated structural standards and codes
  2. The detailed construction plans and specifications are 'not inconsistent' with the development consent
  3. All outstanding conditions of the development consent such as the payment of section 94 contributions, security deposits, bonds, and conditions of consent must be finalised before a Construction Certificate is issued.

A construction certificate may be issued by Council or by a private accredited certifier.

How do I apply for a construction certificate?

Fill out a Construction Certificate Application Form and submit it with the required documentation as outlined in the  Construction Certificate Checklists.  Fees are calculated on a scale based on the contract value of the work or number of lots. Fee quotes can be obtained by contacting us on 4974 2000.