Watch democracy in action with our live webcast of Council and Committee meetings. Check out the FAQs below for more information.
- View the Public Voice and Development Applications Committee meetings - Tuesday 21 July 2020 on the day of the meeting by clicking on the play button below.
What meetings will be Webcast online?
- Ordinary Council Meetings
- Committee Meetings (Public Voice Committee, Briefing Committee and Development Applications Committee)
- Confidential sessions of Council meetings will not be broadcast.
At the commencement of each meeting, the Chairperson will advise that the meeting is livestreamed and is accessible on the City of Newcastle's website.
City of Newcastle accepts no liability for any defamortory remarks that are made durin gthe course of a meeting.
How long are meeting Webcasts available for viewing?
Webcasts of previous Council meetings will be available online for a period of two months and then will be removed.
Please visit the Webcast Archives page if you wish to view past meetings.
- An internet connection with an ADSL1 or greater bandwidth speeds
- PC computers running Windows XP (or later) and using the latest web browser version of Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer
- Apple Macintosh computers running OSX 10.5 (or later) and using the latest web browser version of Safari, Firefox or Chrome
- The latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed - the software can be found at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
Why has my screen gone blank?
If the webcast stream goes blank during a meeting, this will likely indicate the Council has entered into a confidential session.
The webcast has poor resolution
The quality of the webcast will depend on your PC's memory and internet connection bandwidth.
The live webcast (or archived meeting) can be viewed on mobile devices running iOS or Android operating systems.
The video quality of the webcast will depend greatly on the speed/strength of your Wi-Fi or mobile 3G/4G connection. It is noted that newer Samsung devices might have issues playing the Webcast.
Where can I give feedback on the webcast?
Council will monitor webcasts and make improvements as required to enhance the service. If you would like to provide some feedback, please complete the form at Compliments, Complaints and Feedback.