The City of Newcastle App is part of our Smart City Program and has been designed to increase digital communication with residents and visitors. The mobile phone App is your one stop shop for everything there is to know about Newcastle including the latest news and information on city services and events, plus handy tips on where to eat, stay, shop and play. Enjoy a faster way to explore Newcastle all from the convenience of your smartphone.
- Discover: everything around you in list or map view - beaches & pools, sportsgrounds, art & culture, attractions & tours, parks, libraries, accommodation, food & drink.
- Walking trails: interactive maps and stories to highlight Newcastle's precincts and unique features.
- Augmented reality (AR): learn more and experience augmented reality in our city.
- Quickly find: a handy feature helping you to find what you need in the area whether it’s parking, bike racks or BBQs.
- What's ON: a list of the many events happening in our buzzing city.
- Bins and waste: Report missing bin, view collection days and request bulk waste service and more
- News: stay up to date on the latest City news breaking in and around Newcastle.
- Quickly connect to our social media accounts
- Report an issue: you can help make the City of Newcastle a better place by reporting issues such as graffiti, fallen trees or broken or damaged council facilities. All submitted information is confidential. Note - the City of Newcastle App has been designed to report non-urgent issues. To report urgent issues, please phone us on 02 4974 2000 or in life threatening emergencies please contact 000.
The City App provides a dedicated service to Newcastle residents and replaces the My Local app.
Available now to download via the Apple Store and Google Play – simply search 'City of Newcastle'.