Council is responsible for the city’s public trees. This includes:
- Visual tree assessments and reports
- Pruning young trees to create good form and structure
- Weed control at the base of trees
- Pruning mature trees where required
- Tree removal where required.
You should not try to prune or remove public trees yourself. The NSW Local Government Act 1993 makes it an offence to interfere with a plant in a public place.
If you think a tree needs maintenance you can make a request by contacting Council on 4974 2000 or complete an online customer request form. We will assess the tree to determine the need for maintenance and will set a priority of any work required.
If a tree appears to be causing damage to a footpath you should contact Council on 4974 2000 and report the matter. Council will assess the situation and determine the priority of any work required.