In the heart of Newcastle's east end, Newcastle Beach is one of our most popular beaches that offers great waves for boardriders.
Beach safety tips
- Always swim and surf at places patrolled by lifesavers or lifeguards
- Always swim between the red and yellow flags
- Always swim under supervision or with a friend
- Read and obey safety signs, such as shallow water or large drop-offs
- If you are unsure of conditions, ask a lifesaver or lifeguard
- Don't swim or surf directly after a meal
- Don't swim or surf under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Never run or dive in the water, even if you have checked beforehand as water conditions can change
- If you have trouble in the water, stay calm, float with a current or undertow, don't try to swim against it, signal for help and wait for assistance.