Strategy and Innovation Advisory Committee
Advisory Committees have been established to provide advice to the elected Council on matters of strategic significance, and to provide advice to City of Newcastle on implementation of relevant matters aligned to the Newcastle 2030 Community Strategic Plan. Advisory Committees may make recommendations to Council or a Committee of Council.
The Strategy and Innovation Advisory Committee will provide advice and guidance on the formation, development, refinement and implementation of strategies, and identification of challenges and opportunities, in relation to the economic development and diversification of Newcastle as a destination leading in innovative technologies, climate action, smart infrastructure, high value investment, and major events and tourism. Continue the implementation of strategies and advocacy emanating from the Lord Mayor's City Taskforce in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to ensure the city's continued economic recovery.
The Committee is facilitated by our Strategy and Engagement Directorate. Membership of the Committee includes:
- Lord Mayor Councillor Nelmes
- Deputy Lord Mayor Cr Declan Clausen - Chair
- Cr Charlotte McCabe - Deputy Chair
- Cr Callum Pull
- Stakeholder Representatives - Prof. Alex Zelinsky from University of Newcastle, Bob Hawes from Hunter Business Chamber, Alison McGaffin from Regional NSW, Joe James from Hunter Joint Organisation, Larry Platt from Emergent Group and Warrick Jordan from Hunter Jobs Alliance
- Up to three Community Representatives - Michelle Faithfull, Tony Sansom and John Dunn.
The Committee's adopted Guidelines for Meeting Practice provides additional detail on the responsibility of members.
5:30pm, Tuesday 3 May 2022 - Lord Mayor's Reception Room, 12 Stewart Avenue, Newcastle West
5:30pm, Tuesday 5 July 2022 - Newcastle City Hall, 290 King Street, Newcastle
5:30pm, Tuesday, 4 October 2022 - Newcastle City Hall, 290 King Street, Newcastle
Meeting papers will be uploaded one week prior to the meeting.
Agenda - 3 May 2022
Minutes will be available following endorsement by the Committee.
Terms of Reference
Download the Terms of Reference (PDF)
Minutes from Committee meetings held from 2019 to 2021 are available below.