Request for Certificate of Compliance

New laws for buying, selling or leasing a property with a swimming pool in NSW came into effect on 29 April 2016The laws have an impact on anyone who is selling, buying or leasing a property with a pool.

What do I need to do?

Obtain a Swimming Pool Compliance Certificate.

  1. First register your pool on the NSW Government Swimming Pool Register.
  2. Then lodge an application with either a Private Certifier or City of Newcastle (CN).

Application for Exemption

An application can be made for an exemption under Section 22 of the Swimming Pool Act 1992.

Please note that exemptions are considered to be applicable only in the extreme of circumstances and are not typically issued when compliance with the current Standard can be met.

What should be submitted with the application?

  1. An application form.
  2. A site plan indicating the property, location of the pool, any structures on the property and the proposed fencing.