Curby Soft Plastics Recycling
The Curby program, run by our project partners iQRenew and CurbCycle, offers a convenient way to recycle your household soft plastic packaging–such as shopping bags, chip packets, bread bags and bubble wrap–using your yellow-lid recycling bin.
While soft plastics are not ordinarily accepted via our kerbside recycling service (they can get tangled in the machinery and be difficult to separate from paper at the sorting facility), the Curby Program involves keeping soft plastics contained in tagged bags that can be filtered from other household recyclables.
We're making it even easier to participate, with CurbyTags now available for pick-up at five of our facilities during regular opening hours:
Not a Curby member yet? Joining the free program is simple, simply download the Curby app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You can choose to have your CurbyTags delivered or collect them from one of the facilities above. To learn more, please visit the Curby website.
- The postal option for CurbyTags is still available via the CurbyApp.
- Soft plastics must be collected inside shopping-bag sized plastic bags with handles (such as those available for purchase at check-out). The bag must be able to tie a double knot to enclose the contents.
- A CurbyTag must be placed on the bag to recycle it via our kerbside collection service. This allows the bagged soft plastics to be separated from other materials and prevents the contamination of other recyclables.
- Soft plastics must never be placed loose in your yellow-lid bin.
- If you don’t have access to a smart phone, you can still recycle your soft plastics through our Sort & Save service at Summerhill Waste Management Centre.