We have completed various projects to make cycling in our city safer and easier for everyone.
Major works include:
- First phase of the City Centre to Merewether Beach Cycleway project. Works included a 1.1 kilometre, 2.5m-wide, bi-directional shared path along Watkins Street and Coane Street, between Watkins and John Parade.
- Separated cycleways between National Park Street and Worth Place on Hunter Street. The Hunter Street Trial Cycleway Project received $525,000 in funding as part of the NSW Government's Streets as Shared Spaces Program.
- Shared pathway through Alder Park from Bridges Road through to St James Road and a new shared path between Mackie Avenue and Errington Avenue, connecting Alder Park to the R4 regional cycleway
- Extension of shared path at Scenic Drive, Merewether Heights and new cyclist refuge and crossing at Merewether Heights
- New shared paths in Brickworks Park and Victory Parade.
- New shared pedestrian and cyclist pathway in Hamilton on the northern side of Donald Street between Samdon Street and Selma Street
- Shared pathway through Islington Park
- Shared pathway on Scholey Street bridge, Islington
- Shared path along Park Avenue, Kotara connecting the R4 cycleway at Kullaiba Road to Bridges Road
- Shared path along Jackson Street, Broadmeadow connecting Hunter Stadium to Griffiths Road
- Shared path circuit around Lambton Park
- Replacement of shared pathway between Lambton Road and Hunter Stadium
- In collaboration with Transport for NSW, we have completed a shared pathway on Scott Street, between Market Street and Telford Street in Newcastle East.
Find a cycleway or route