To reduce the carbon footprint of the Newcastle community and to increase community capacity and capability to address local needs and opportunities in sustainability. This includes renewable energy efficiency measures, water saving and water storage, capture and reuse initiatives, green walls, use of low emission construction products, and nature-based solutions.
Our Grants are highly competitive. The Grant Funding Round is open in May each year with the exception of Quick Response Grants which are open year round.
Not sure which funding is right for you?
If you require assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4974 2000 and you will be put in contact with a staff member who can help with your enquiry.
The Sustainability Grants are currently closed.
Sustainability Grants summarised
- To reduce the carbon footprint of the Newcastle community.
- To increase community capacity and capability to address local needs and opportunities in sustainability.
- ANNUAL PRIORITY: Activities involving Solar PV, battery storage, EV charging and energy efficiency initiatives.
Round opens: 3 May 2021 at 9am (AEST)
Round Closes: 31 May 2021 at 4pm (AEST)
- Legally constituted not-for-profit organisations
- Small businesses (20 employees or less)
- Note: preference will be given to not-for-profit and community organisations.
New or upgraded solar technology for private spaces.
Sign up for our Grants and Sponsorship Mailing List to be the first to know about new funding opportunities. (Check your junk mail in case it arrives there, and if it does, make sure you mark it as a safe sender).